Psycho-corporal approach for children
What is dysregulating
These are all life situations in which your child has experienced emotional stress and has not been able to regulate him/herself on his/her own or with the co-regulation of an adult: difficult births (caesarean section, forceps…), relationship difficulties (teasing at school, mobbing…), experiences with parents (arguments, unavailable parents, divorces…), experiences with parents (arguments, unavailable parents, divorces…), experiences linked to its body/dangers (medical interventions, accidents, illnesses of himself or those close to him) and finally all the times he has had strong emotional over-reactions (anger, sadness, anguish, injustice…).
These stresses activate the child’s survival system, dysregulate its autonomic nervous system and act as “glasses” through which the child will evaluate its new life experiences: increased frequency of emotional over-reactions, loss of confidence, more fears, more relationship difficulties…
The solution is to unprogram the events that activated its survival system, to prevent a repetitive pattern from developing.
How do I proceed
This session will enable to unprogram the emotional stresses that are having a negative impact on your child’s life.
- Before the session, I ask the parents to fill in an assessment form to better understand the child’s current situation and experiences.
- The session takes place in person and lasts 45 minutes, ideally in the presence of a parent unless the child prefers to be without the parent. During this session, we will work on 2-3 shocking events for the child, depending on the child’s ability to stay focused/motivated.
- With a child, we don’t work on a repetitive pattern but on events, so it is recommended to do at least 2-3 sessions and/or until positive changes are observed in the child (more confidence, fewer over-reactions…).
Investment in time:
2-3 hours for the assessment, then 45 min per session.
Before the first session, I’ll ask you to fill in an assessment form to better understand your vision of the current situation and your child’s difficulties. In the assessment, I’ll also ask for your child’s perception.
After reading the assessment, which will enable me to identify the events that have had the greatest impact on the child’s autonomic nervous system, I’ll ask the child to draw the event and describe its feelings, which will enable me to unprogram the imprint on its autonomic nervous system. Every significant event in our lives is recorded in our bodies. These events leave their imprint in our organs and are regularly reactivated when we experience a situation similar to the original event. Over time, our reactions are amplified: a slight fear at the outset can become profound anxiety a few years later.
I explain the session
to your child
is particularly useful
- Is your child behaving in a disruptive or worrying way and you don’t know how to help?
- You know that your child has had a difficult birth (Caesarean section, complications, etc.) or a shock (illness, accident, death of a loved one, etc.) and you want to prevent this from being imprinted on his or her nervous system.
- Do you feel that your child is having relationship difficulties (teasing at school, lobbying…) and has lost confidence, and you don’t really know why?
- Your child is (hyper)sensitive and overreacts quickly despite your best efforts?
- Do you argue a lot with your partner or have you just split up and want to minimize the impact on your child?
- You have trouble managing your child and lose patience easily.
I explain the session
to your child
J'explique la séance
à ton enfant
And much more
I COMPLETE MY COACHING WITH DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES SUCH AS
Meditation, breathing exercises, yoga, customized Bach flower blends. Because I’m convinced that body, mind and emotions are closely linked.
Depending on the case, I can offer parenting coaching in individual session or package which also includes work on one’s past, as an emotionally regulated parent helps their child to regulate themselves.
un guide parental gratuit
“10 conseils pour aider ton enfant dans la régulation de son système nerveux “
Enregistre-toi dès maintenant à ma newsletter et reçois le guide parental en format pdf.
* Champs obligatoires
Si tu t’abonnes à ma newsletter, tu recevras également des offres. Tu peux te désabonner à tout moment. Merci de lire ma Politique de confidentialité pour voir comment je traite les données.