Celibacy is not a state of lack.
You’re tired of being alone, you’d like to be single.
If you suffer from being single, it’s often because you’ve defined your happiness solely in terms of the other person.
“If I were in a couple I could finally start a family or buy my dream apartment or travel the world. Unfortunately, I hear this sentence too often.
Just because you don’t find your other “half” doesn’t mean you are incomplete or that you have to put your life on hold.
It is dangerous to think that once you meet the man of your life, your life will be complete.
Why is that?
- Because you are delegating your happiness outside of yourself, that is, in the relationship, instead of trying to be happy within yourself.
- Because if you don’t know what makes you happy outside of the relationship, you will tend to forget yourself in the relationship, which causes long-term failure in the relationship.
- Because this unconsciously puts a certain pressure on you to meet someone in the future.
For me, a happy couple is two independent individuals who are happy in their lives and who have decided to have the icing on the cake together which is life as a couple. The couple life is not the cake, just the cherry on top.
This article will give you some tips on how to enjoy better your celibacy.
Build the life of your dreams now
No need to wait for the ‘one’ to build ans start the life of your dreams, conversely, build the life of your dreams and the man of your dreams will be added to it:
- If you were waiting to explore some countries as a couple, go travel and you might meet him there.
- If you want to own a home, buy something within your budget, you can always resell it afterwards.
- If you want to have children, it’s your right to wait for the right person to have them with, but you can start with exercising your mummy skills by babysitting your girlfriends’ children, becoming a godmother or supporting children through associations.
Become the woman of your life
As Nathalie Lefebvre says so well in her book C’est décidé je m’épouse, take advantage of this celibacy to get to know and appreciate yourself and to discover yourself.
We often have a vision of ourselves based on what others think of us, especially what our family and our parents think of us. Celibacy is the best time to discover yourself and explore what you are passionate about by experimenting what you like and dislike, feeling totally free of any constraints.
It is a way to show that you are committed to yourself, and to your happiness.
Look on the bright side of celibacy
There’s a lot of good things about being single. I am a mother, but personally I am happy to have started my family at only 37 years old, because I was able to live my life fully doing many things that would have been difficult for me now, such as traveling for a long time, living in an ashram, preparing for a mountain race, living abroad, and going back to school. If you have any doubts about the good side of being single, ask your friends who have been in a relationship for a long time and I am sure that they will find many advantages for you to be single.
Celibacy is the step that will allow you to be happy as a couple
Here are some reasons why living well as a single person is so important to being happy in your relationship later:
The more you enjoy your single life, the more you’ll be clear about what you like, what you dislike, what you want and don’t want.
The more you enjoy your life as a single person, the less you will accept anyone under any conditions to be and start a relationship.
The more you enjoy your life as a single person, the more you will be able to be in a relationship and still prioritise yourself.
The more you enjoy your life as a single person, the more you will increase your chances of meeting someone, because there is nothing sexier than someone who is fulfilled in their life.
But it doesn’t mean you’re not doing anything for your future relationship.
You can enjoy your single life and at the same time invest for your future couple’s relationship.
If you don’t experience celibacy as a craving, you’ll simply relax for as long as it takes. That doesn’t mean you don’t have to do anything about it:
- You can start a love coaching to identify, understand and change the love patterns that makes you meet the wrong person.
- You can take the time to get to know people without putting pressure on yourself…
- You can dedicate enough time to meet someone because your partner is not going to pick you up at home.
A MEDITATION FOR MORE SELF-LOVE
Sign up now for my newsletter and receive a meditation to develop more love and compassion for yourself.
* Mandatory fields